Friday, September 25, 2009

The Calendar says Sept., the temps say July!

Friends and Family,

Good Friday Morning to all. It is the end of another work week and I hope all is well in your worlds. I am blessed to be able to say "work week". It has been unusually warm this week but I know Fall and Winter are just around the corner. Wednesday was a special day, a day I will always remember anyway...it was one year since my diagnosis! I took the time to read the entries from the first few weeks of this blog, yes....I cried again reliving that time in my life. The same day, this past Wednesday, I visited a friend who's step mother had died of cancer. I could not help but ask again, "why me Lord?" Why was I spared while others are not. I probably wouldn't understand the answer anyway.

The end of PROSTATE CANCER AWARENESS WEEK is here. I can say I have not heard a word on TV or radio about it. Nearly 2000 men die each month! For me, that is news worthy! I have worn my blue ribbon proudly this week but will confess too I have not talked to anyone about P.C. awareness outside my circle of friends.

So, a year ago I became a household name to many of you. As the news of my diagnosis spread, God began to hear my name on a regular basis being lifted up by people like you. To say "thanks" seems so inadequate but it is the best I can do right now. I love you all and thank you for loving and caring about me......most of all....

THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR BLESSINGS ON ME !

No comments: