Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy New Year

Friends and Family,

HAPPY NEW YEAR! WoW, what a year it has been too. I continue to be asked "how are you"? I can only say "I am not quite 100% but I can see 100% from where I am". That being said, last night was a new event in my life. I dreamed I was peeing and sure enough when I woke, I had in fact peed in the bed! Needless to say I was disturbed and didn't sleep much the rest of the night. I have an appointment with Doc Polsky next Monday and we will "chat" about that little issue then. I am suspecting it will fall within the bounds of "a reasonable expectation". Anyway, I am not going to fret about it for now and am hopeful it is a one time incident.

Spent alot of time traveling over this past week and a half with no issues. I did cath myself once with no problems. The frequency of trips to the bathroom remain a concern and when the light turns green, it definitely means it's time to go! So far as erectile function is concerned, I think it continues to move slowly in the right direction (no pun intended) and again, I remain hopeful and confident it to will return to normal for a man my age.

Yes, the journey continues. I suppose it always will be a continuing process. I know I am blessed and am NOT one of the 20,000+ men who lost their battle with prostate cancer this year, my family is not one of 20,000+ who mourn the loss of a loved one. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE know your scores guys, get checked if you are 50 years old or have a family history.

It is my prayer that 2010 will bring each and every one or you and your families health and prosperity. May it bring us closer as a global community to improvements in detection and treatment of prostate cancer and ALL other forms of cancer that take many lives every day.

Thank you for your prayers and love......thank you Lord for Your blessings on me.

Happy New Year, Mike

1 comment:

Sherri said...

So glad you are doing so well Mike! And, I can't believe that I'm gonna share this... but... I learned WAY back during my 1st pregnancy that if I find my self dreaming & in my dream I'm looking for a bathroom, that I'd better wake myself up SOON! LOL! So... I *hope* it's a "normal" thing!!! ;-)